Sunday, January 31, 2010

A little history

I thought that I would back track a bit to give a little history on how much my life has changed in the last year and how I ended up where I am right now.

Gary and I wanted to try and have another baby and we knew that this would be our last time trying since we have to use some fertility treatments and it is so costly. I have had 6 miscarriages in 5 years and I have one living child and her name is Elly. We found out we were pregnant in March of last year and we were so excited. I had my HCG numbers drawn and they looked good a little high for me which in the back of my mind I thought we had a chance for for twins. We went to Vegas with friends and upon our return we found out we were having TRIPLETS. Needles to say we were dumbfounded and shocked and once reality set in all I could do was cry. I kept thinking this was so unfair to Elly and where would we put 3 more babies, our car was too small. We had our first ultrasound and we saw all 3 heartbeats, however we had one baby that was measuring quit small. The Dr's knowing my history told me that if I was going to miscarry it would be that baby.

Fastforward, I am 16 weeks pregnant and end up in the hospital for a shortend cervical length, they keep me for a week and then send me home on complete bedrest. I go back to the Dr in 1 week and end up back in the hospital again because I am dialted. At 19 weeks I ruptured my water for Sofy and delivered her at 22 1/2 weeks she lived for 9 1/2 hours, she weighed 12oz. I went to carry the boys for another 2 weeks and delivered them at 24 1/2 weeks. Grady weighed 1lb 10oz and Levi weighed 1lb 7oz. Grady was very sick and died after a tremendous fight 10 days after his birth.

Levi is now home after 153 days in the NICU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment